Looking for a way to spruce up your dining table? Why not try using cork backed placemats? Cork is a great material for coasters because it’s durable, easy to clean, and it has a natural insulation that can help protect your tabletop. Plus, it’s a great way to add a bit of personality to your table setting. Here are five ideas for how you can use cork backed placemats to decorate your table.
Types of cork backed placemats
There are a variety of cork backed placemats available on the market, each with its own unique design. Here are a few of the most popular types:
- With PVC Coating: These placemats have a durable PVC coating that makes them resistant to spills and easy to clean.
- With Printed Designs: These placemats feature fun and festive printed designs, perfect for adding a touch of personality to your table.
- Reversible Placemats: These have two different designs that can be used interchangeably, giving you twice the decorating options.
- Charger Placemats: These are designed to protect your table from heat damage caused by hot dishes.
How to make your own cork backed placemats
If you’re looking for a way to add a personal touch to your table setting, consider making your own cork backed coaster. This project is relatively simple and can be customized to match any decor. Here’s what you’ll need:
– Cork sheet or roll
– Ruler or measuring tape
– Fabric (enough to cover the size of your placemats)
– Hot glue gun & glue sticks
First, use your ruler or measuring tape to determine the desired size of your placemats. Cut the cork sheet or roll to fit, then trace around the edge with a pencil. Cut out the shape with scissors. Next, cut fabric pieces that are slightly larger than the cork pieces.
Place the wrong side of the fabric down on an ironing board, then center the cork piece on top. Fold over each side of the fabric and press down with the iron to create a hem.
Be sure to leave enough fabric at each end so that you can fold it over and hot glue it in place on the back of the placemat. Finally, use hot glue around all four edges of the placemat to attach the fabric securely in place. Allow the glue to dry completely before using.
What design options are available for cork backed placemats
There are many design options available, you can find them in a variety of colors, patterns, and textures. They are also available in different sizes to fit any table.
Some table mats have a simple design with a solid color or pattern. Others may have more elaborate designs with multiple colors or patterns. There are also some that are reversible, so you can change up the look of your table easily.
Cork backed placemats are a great way to add style and personality to your table. They are also very functional, as they help protect your table from scratches and spills. With so many options available, you’re sure to find the perfect set of placemats for your home!
How to care for your cork backed placemats
Assuming you already have your cork backed coaster, there are a few things you can do to make sure they last as long as possible. Here are a few tips:
-Wipe them down with a damp cloth after each use. This will help remove any dirt or debris that could potentially damage the mat.
-Avoid putting hot dishes directly on the placemat. Use a trivet or hot pad to protect the mat from heat damage.
-Do not soak the placemat in water. This could cause the cork backing to come loose and potentially ruin the mat.
With proper care, your cork backed placemats should last for many years to come!
Pros and Cons
There are many different ways that you can decorate your table with cork backed placemats. Some of the pros of using these placemats include:
- They add a bit of extra protection to your dining table.
- They can help to absorb any spills or messes that may happen during your meal.
- They add a bit of extra insulation to keep your food hot or cold, as needed.
- They’re easy to clean – simply wipe them down with a damp cloth after use.
- They’re relatively inexpensive, so they’re a great way to add a bit of style to your table without breaking the bank.
On the other hand, there are a few potential cons to using cork backed table mats:
- If they get wet, they can warp or swell, so it’s important to keep them dry.
- They can be easily damaged if you’re not careful with them – for example, if you accidentally drop a knife on them, they could crack or break.
- If you have allergies or sensitivities to dust, mold, or mildew, cork mats may not be the best choice for you since they can harbor these allergens.
Different types of placemats
There are many different types of placemats available on the market, so it’s important to know what each type is best suited for before making a purchase. Here is a breakdown of the most popular types of placemats:
- Fabric: Fabric placemats are a great way to add a touch of style to your table. They come in a variety of colors and patterns, so you can easily find one that matches your decor. Fabric placemats are also easy to clean and can be ironed if needed.
- PVC: PVC placemats are made from a plastic material that is durable and easy to clean. However, they’re not as environmentally friendly as other options and can be harmful to some surfaces.
- Bamboo: Bamboo placemats are a great eco-friendly option that is also very durable. They’re perfect for those who want to avoid plastic materials but still want a high-quality product.
- Wool felt: Wool felt placemats are another great eco-friendly option that is both stylish and functional. They’re perfect for protecting your table from scratches and spills, and they can also be used as coasters if needed.
Cork backed placemats are a great way to add style and personality to your table. They are also easy to clean and durable, making them perfect for everyday use. With so many different styles and designs available, you’re sure to find a set of cork backed coasters that you love. So, what are you waiting for? Start shopping for your new favorite table decorations today!